Monday, December 12, 2016


8-8-16

Hey everyone,

So this last week was transfers. I am now Senior companion, finally. Elder Hess is my new companion. We are still up here in the North ASL area. Just doing a lot of finding work trying to find some people to teach. This week has had miracles for me. Never before have I felt so humbled. God truly is mindful of our prayers.  Last week, This past week I started off struggling, it was rough. Saturday came around and it was alright, towards the end of the day I got this feeling that just wouldn't go away. It told me I needed to pray and ask for help. I didn't know what I needed help for or with, really I didn't know what to ask but as I prayed I felt the guidance of the Spirit come to me and tell me what I needed to ask for, so I did.  The next morning, on Sunday we went to church, everything I could ever possibly hope to be told in response to my prayer was said.  I was told what I needed to do, what I needed to say, and what I needed to know. 

I have had my testimony reaffirmed, I know this Gospel is true, I know this is where I need to be and at this time. I know there is a God in Heaven who knows my name and my life and he is watching out for me, His son. I know that, His son, Jesus Christ died for me and that he also lived for me. I want to spend my life living for Him. My God. My Savior. Doing His work, His way. I do not doubt the things I have been tested with, the things I have seen, the things I have had to do are preparing me to become what he wants me to become. To do what He needs me to do. 

Recently, last night actually, I found this scripture and feel to share it with you. 

Alma 26: 16-22

 16 Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.

 17 Who could have supposed that our God would have been so merciful as to have snatched us from our awful, sinful, and polluted state?

 18 Behold, we went forth even in wrath, with mighty threatenings to destroy his church.

 19 Oh then, why did he not consign us to an awful destruction, yea, why did he not let the sword of his justice fall upon us, and doom us to eternal despair?

 20 Oh, my soul, almost as it were, fleeth at the thought. Behold, he did not exercise his justice upon us, but in his great mercy hath brought us over that everlasting gulf of death and misery, even to the salvation of our souls.

 21 And now behold, my brethren, what natural man is there that knoweth these things? I say unto you, there is none that knoweth these things, save it be the penitent.

 22 Yea, he that repenteth and exerciseth faith, and bringeth forth good works, and prayeth continually without ceasing—unto such it is given to know the mysteries of God; yea, unto such it shall be given to reveal things which never have been revealed; yea, and it shall be given unto such to bring thousands of souls to repentance, even as it has been given unto us to bring these our brethren to repentance.

Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.

I cannot say the smallest part which I feel - I know the Gospel is true. I know God loves each and everyone of us because I feel it from the witness of His Holy Spirit. 

The Standard of Truth had been erected - No unhallowed hand can stop the work. 

 

- Elder Galloway. 

 

PS: 'Member to smile. It helps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment