Monday, December 12, 2016


6-27-16

Hey everyone,

Sometimes I worry about the world we are in now. What is it we are to do? I honestly do not know. All I think we can do is just remain faithful to the Gospel. It is odd to think that not everyone we meet we will see in Heaven. Not all will get the same degree of glory. As you try to comprehend this thought it makes you realize how God must have felt when he set up this plan in the first place. I have no doubt it was somewhat tempting to choose Satan's plan and have us all return, but as I live and breathe I know that this must be how it goes. The world will continue to grow darker and darker and more and more will fall into the river, join those on the great building, or simply wander off into the darkness. So what is it we are to do? Again all we can really do is remain faithful to the Gospel. "...Behold it behooveth him that is warned to warn his neighbor..."

It strikes me odd that so many of us know the truth, or claim to know it, yet we do little about it. We claim life gets in the way or that we are too busy with work or family or personal needs, or that we simply cannot do it. These are the lies of the devil. God will not, nor does he do so now, ask us to do anything that is impossible. We simply limit ourselves. We are made to be perfect. Why would we choose anything less? Because we don't understand, but we are supposed to walk by faith not by sight. Let us trust in God.

2 Nephi 4:34

34 O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh; for I know that cursed is he that putteth his trust in the arm of flesh. Yea, cursed is he that putteth his trust in man or maketh flesh his arm..."

Our ponderize scripture for this week answer the questions of how do we learn? What do we do? What is required of me? I personally think this is one of my favorite scriptures.

Mosiah 4:8-12

"8 And this is the means whereby salvation cometh. And there is none other salvation save this which hath been spoken of; neither are there any conditions whereby man can be saved except the conditions which I have told you.

9 Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend.

10 And again, believe that ye must repent of your sins and forsake them, and humble yourselves before God; and ask in sincerity of heart that he would forgive you; and now, if you believe all these things see that ye do them.

11 And again I say unto you as I have said before, that as ye have come to the knowledge of the glory of God, or if ye have known of his goodness and have tasted of his love, and have received a remission of your sins, which causeth such exceedingly great joy in your souls, even so I would that ye should remember, and always retain in remembrance, the greatness of God, and your own nothingness, and his goodness and long-suffering towards you, unworthy creatures, and humble yourselves even in the depths of humility, calling on the name of the Lord daily, and standing steadfastly in the faith of that which is to come, which was spoken by the mouth of the angel.

12 And behold, I say unto you that if ye do this ye shall always rejoice, and be filled with the love of God, and always retain a remission of your sins; and ye shall grow in the knowledge of the glory of him that created you, or in the knowledge of that which is just and true."

... "and now, if you believe all these things see that ye do them." If you know, do it. If you believe, live it. Let us be faithful. And do not doubt the goodness of God.

Elder Galloway

 

PS: 'Memeber to smile. It helps.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment