Monday, November 30, 2015

11-30-2015

Hey Everyone! 

Thanksgiving was alright. Food was somewhat lacking... I made an awesome Green bean casserole. It was pretty good. Lacking here meaning not like home... We make some good food. We just set the bar high. 

Interesting enough we have been pretty warm here. Only recently has it gotten down to the 30's at night. First time I saw ice was last night on the way home from the mountains.

We have no investigators as of yet, but have a potential.  Our work is mostly focused on the Less actives.

This week was been a little rough like most weeks in ASL but we are doing good still, slowing improving ourselves. I finally start to text like a deaf person... Which is good for here, but not so much for home... I doubt anyone will understand me, and deaf people text like this.

"Me Galloway visit you next week Tuesday time 5 night Maybe eat night have You Roy good day Smile keep keep"

Yeah, that is fairly easy to read but that is a pretty good text-er, one of the better. trust me, it takes a minute to learn how to read it.

Anyway. Yeah.
 
I found a quote for both my mission and my life. Which is a question my companion asked me a while back several times. "What are you waiting for?" Meaning God helps those who help themselves. Why are we waiting for someone else to make the first move, including God, we know what is right. Now lets do it. Let us be teachers of the word, not just hearers or doers, but teachers. How? By relying on God. For doing something and then asking for his help, not just asking. "You took no thought but to ask" We are things to act and not be acted upon. I am finally beginning to understand what that means.

Well, I think that is it for this week. Love you all! Ingat po! (Some tagalog to share with you means goodbye)

Elder Galloway.

PS: 'Member to smile. It helps. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment