Friday, July 31, 2015

7-31-2015 Ten days in MTC

Hey Guys! It's been ten days since I got here. Ten days. It does not feel like that, it feels both like three days and nine weeks. The days are so packed. But they fly by fast. It's interesting the stuff you see here, You can almost literally see the hand of the adversary. The most tempting thing is to be distracted. For nine hours a day I sit in a room full of people who have since become my friends. Unadvised, unsupervised. Studying, It's nearly impossible to focus. Okay, I guess the teachers are there for six of those nine hours but still. It's strange nearly everyone in my district reminds me of someone back home. It's hard not comparing ourselves to others.To look at them and say I can't do that, I can't become that. But one of the more important things we learned this last week is that "by small and simple things do great things come to past" if we keep trying, we will improve, In my journal I wrote this I feel it expedient to share it says: "Arise from the dust my sons, and be ye men" let us put away childish things and become men of God. This is my hope. My prayer. My soul's desire."  A word we use a lot that we shouldn't in the MTC is "guys" everyone says it. But, we are told we should use "Elders" or "Sisters" instead. Anyone can be a guy but it takes something more to put off the natural man and become something more, a servant of God, a missionary. It's not easy, trust me, I've only been here ten days and it's been tough. But, I know if we try every day. We can overcome the problems which we face. I promise you that.

'Member to smile. It helps.

Elder Galloway

No comments:

Post a Comment